Aluminum Foil Tape, 5 Mil x 60 yards, With Liner for HVAC Insulation
Free Shipping on Orders Over $50
Free UPS or Fed Ex Ground Shipping available on orders over $50. Continental U.S. Destinations only.
We comply with the Buy American Act requirements.
- Multiple widths
- 5 mils thick (.005")
- 180' length (60 yards)
- High tack acrylic PSA with easy release liner
- .005" thick foil
- High temperature rating -40°F to 300°F
- Silver color
- Excellent malleability for general HVAC applications
- Heat resistant
AFT50A Aluminum Foil Tape is coated with a pressure-sensitive solvent-based acrylic adhesive (underside of tape looks like uncolored silver aluminum foil). The tape comes on a white paper release liner. The tape features a malleable foil which conforms well to irregular and curves surfaces. Its aggressive adhesive provides quick, positive grab.
AFT50A is an all-weather general purpose used in fiberglass duct board systems (on seams and joints to maintain the integrity of the vapor barrier) and on FSK systems. Tape performs well at both low and elevated temperatures and is flame retardant. Used in the construction industry for joining elastomeric insulation systems.
The surface to which the tape is applied should be clean, dry and free of any grease or oil.
- For heat reflection and dissipation
- General HVAC duct repair
- Metal surface repair
- Pipe Insulation
- Masking in paint stripping, and electroplating
- Joining and sealing Foil- Scrim-Kraft facing laminate fiberglass blanket/duct board joints and seams.
- Vapor barrier protection
- Waterproof sealing
- Adhesive: solvent-based acrylic
- Carrier/Backing: Aluminum Foil
- Release Liner: Paper
- Thickness: 5 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 72 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 300°F
- Application Temperature: 50°F to 105°F
- Holding Power: 1,200+ minutes
- Rolling Tack (11mm ball): <= 6.0 inch
- Core: 3" Diameter
Ensure bonding surfaces are well unified, clean, dry and free of dirt and oils. Apply firm and even pressure to improve adhesive-to-surface contact. Allow proper temperature and time to enhance bond strength as adhesive flows onto the surface.
Alternative to: 3M 3338; Venture 1516CW.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Compliance and Restrictions
- WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov