Double Sided Foam Tape with Pressure Sensitive Adhesive is an ideal product for bonding and cushioning materials such as plastics, metals, and glass. It is composed of a foam core with an adhesive coating on both sides that helps provide a secure bond with a variety of materials.
The Benefits of Double-Sided Foam Tape:
- Strong adhesiveness for a secure bond
- Ideal for creating sealants and mounting parts
- Cushion between surfaces that need to stay tightly connected
- Flexibility and strength to meet diverse application needs
- Easy to adhere and adjust as needed
Presbond offers two types of adhesives for their standard line of double-sided foam tape:
- High tack acrylic based - prior to applying pressure - has a gentle sticky feel that can be used to test alignment and is able to be repositioned on most surfaces. Once pressure is applied, the foam will need a few hours to settle or cure. In general after 4-6 hours it is no longer repositionable, and after 24 hours the bond is completely permanent. See Disclaimers below.
- Super tack rubber based - prior to applying pressure - has a strong sticky grip and is not repositionable without loss of tack on the second setting. The rubber based adhesive has the highest initial tack or adhesive grab. Once pressure is applied, the foam is instantly permanent and cannot be removed without risk of damaging certain surfaces. Rubber based pressure sensitive adhesive foam tape is the most versatile option but the longevity is not that of the acrylic based adhesive. See Disclaimers below.
Acrylic PSA: depending on your application surface, removing the acrylic based adhesive foam tape after 24 hours may cause damage, either by failure of the foam (tearing) or failure of the surface (i.e. drywall tearing off with removed foam tape). It is important to always test a small section in a discrete area before full use of any product.
Rubber PSA: depending on your application surface, removing the rubber based adhesive foam tape after contact with the application surface may cause damage, either by failure of the foam (tearing) or failure of the surface (i.e. drywall tearing off with removed foam tape). It is important to always test a small section in a discrete area before full use of any product.
APPLICATION NOTES: Ensure surfaces are well unified, clean, dry, and free of dirt / oils. Apply firm and even pressure to adhesive-to-surface contact. Allow proper temperature / time to enhance bond strength. It is the end user’s responsibility to determine final suitability of Pres-On’s product for use in their application. For Terms and Conditions: https://www.preson.com/terms-conditions/